Thursday, July 20, 2017



'T.he R.eal U!' Campaign, presented by: KaronCouture.

Today’s TRUstory highlight: T.R.U Beauty Advocate Model, Shantania Leggins – Christ Follower, Wife, Mother, Mother of an Angel and Friend

T.R.U INTRO:
I am a Financial Wellness Coach and a Recruiter by profession – I absolutely love everything about helping people. Being able to help families (especially women) get their money matters in order either through being a client or business partner gives me purpose.

T.R.U. CONFESSION:
Looking from the outside, most people would see my love of God through loving on His people, a great family and friends, career and my infectious smile. While this holds true, I am also the face of Baby Loss, Mother of an Angel or simply put – a mother whose baby died with no fair warning, no real reason why, cause of death summed up to SIDS - which basically means after the tests, exams and even autopsy we do not have a real cause of death. Ma’am we are sorry for your loss…Go on with the rest of your life. It was in this moment I was clueless as to how I would deal with this one…if I could deal with this one? I clearly remember thinking and crying out to God that if I was going to get through this one, it would be ALL God. I will admit, I did and sometimes still do wonder why. Why us? You really don’t know what faith is until that’s all you have to rely on. Over the years I have had a few faith testing moments (at least I thought they were). What I know now is these were just practice assignments preparing me for one of life’s biggest tests – the loss of our son, Kayden Addison

T.R.U. MAKEOVER:
Over the past 4 years I have met so many other baby loss mommies, many new but many were ladies I already knew and had no idea they had experienced such because losing a baby is another one of those taboo topics many people avoid. Well, not talking about him was not an option for me! He lived, if only for a short while, and that memory shall be preserved forever in my heart. But, the struggle was keeping his memory alive and my sanity b/c you are always reminded. But, God! As a result of loss my faith has been tested yet strengthened so much. I am often remind that “ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose”. I wondered if I would, if I could ever smile again. Losing our baby altered the way my heart beat for sure but I thank God every day that it still beats. Unless you have experienced such a loss you have no idea the series of emotions and thoughts that are felt….But God. I would be untruthful if I told you that my emotions never get the best of me but when they do I am reminded of James 1:2 …consider it ALL joy when you face trials of MANY kinds. It is ONLY through God’s Holy Spirit have I been able to STAND and SMILE in spite of. Through God’s Holy Spirit I am able to choose JOY over jealousy of those parents who kids are still here. I am able to believe yes God does LOVE me vs. feeling He let me down and best of all through God’s Holy Spirit I have Peace instead of feeling powerless.

As a T.he R.eal U. Beauty Advocate Model, I stand with Karon L.Washington of KaronCouture and our foundational scripture – Romans 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”…this is the foundation of TRU Beauty…bridging the gap between inner+outer beauty! #BeMadeOver #TRUBeauty #NoMoreFear #KaronCouture #TheRealU Photographer: Yolanda Sisney Hair / Makeup / Wardrobe Styling / Creative Direction: Karon L. Washington of KaronCouture. Jewelry: Joyce Outlaw-Williams of jmarie designs

No comments:

Post a Comment